"Connecting
People to
God &
Each Other"

History

1931_VBS.jpg

A Beacon for Christ since 1896 ...

Rivermont Avenue Baptist Church was born in the hearts of the Young Men's Missionary Society of Lynchburg's First Baptist Church. The third Baptist church to be established in Lynchburg, the church was first named Cabell Street Baptist Church for its location at what is present-day Mt. Carmel Baptist Church.  In 1911, the church moved to its present location on the corner of Rivermont Avenue and Bedford Avenue.

For more than 100 years, Rivermont Avenue Baptist Church has answered the call to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ around the world - from the Connecting Point Ministry Center across the street to countries on five continents.  Come join us as we "go into all the world"...


RABC CENTINNIEL HISTORY - 1896-1996
Click here to view 

MISSIONS TRIBUTE from NORWAY
Click here to view